Learn More About
The St. Paul’s Cathedral Parish traces its history to one Opanin Yaw Boamah, a native stool (Asipim) designer, who brought the Catholic faith from Kwahu around 1923. He started the church with his brothers Opanin Kwasi Twumpuro, Opanin Yaw Ntoah and others. At that time, one Op. Anikorkor had founded a Catholic community at Akrofrom, and from time to time, the new church in Techiman joined those at Akrofrom to Wenchi Koase for Mass whenever a priest visited Koase.